Friday, January 10, 2020

Tunnock's Snowballs

I like going to Cost Plus World Market.

I especially like the food section.

One day, I came across some lovely marshmallows. (I LOVE me some marshmallows.) There are usually a lot of marshmallowy treats there, but the ones that caught my eye had funny faces on them and then said "coconut covered marshmallows" - so yeah, I had to get them since I also love coconut.

Now I was a little surprised when the package said there were only four inside. I'm used to getting a higher count of marshmallows than that.

But when I opened up the box, that's when I realized WHY it was only four.

Each marshmallow is individually wrapped and roughly the size of a York Peppermint Patty... only puffed up and covered in coconut.

And there are happy faces on the wrappers. They're so cute.

The bottom of the marshmallows are a little inverted like a contact lens, but that's okay. They're still pretty big.

When opening the package, the only smell I get is the coconut - which I ain't mad at. Upon closer inspection, you can see there's a brown color the coconut is sticking to, but then when you bite into it, you can see that the marshmallow is coated in chocolate. Then when it breaks apart, the marshmallow oozes on out.

This treat kinda reminds me of a Snoball from Hostess, but those are not as pleasing. Well - those have cake in them as well as marshmallow and coconut, but I feel it's not the right mix. I've tried the marshmallow with coconut topping, and it's good, but not great. This little Tunnock's marshmallow is similar with the chocolate-coating, but if there was a tiny bit of chocolate cake in it, it might make a mini-Snoball.

The box is 4.2oz. As you could probably guess, the serving size is 1 and that there are 4 servings per the box size I got. 130 calories per each of those servings. I kinda want to make s'mores with these.\, but that might get a little pricey. Ha!

http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/snowballs/
http://www.tunnock.co.uk/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: