Monday, January 13, 2020

Shiitake Mushroom Harvest Chips - BBQ Flavor

I have had mushroom chips before, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if they were these.

I'd first heard about them in conversation with some friends, and then I had them later at a Halloween party.

So as you can tell, my knowledge of this topic is vast.

When I open the bag, I don't really smell anything - no mushroom or BBQ - nothing.

The chips themselves look like mushroom caps, but the stems are still there so from the drying out/baking process (not sure how they're prepped)...

[reads back of package]

Oh! "We lightly cook our BBQ flavored Shiitake Mushroom Chips using a vacuum frying process which uses a lower temperature to preserve the natural flavor and provide a crunchy texture making them ready for a snack or salad topper."

Guess that answers that then.

They feel like they're coated in some kind of seasoning, but the touch isn't too dusty or leave any mess. I don't really taste any BBQ flavor, but there is a slight sodium content - not a lot, but enough to taste.

They are quite crunchy, and for someone who likes mushrooms, they are quite tasty. I can't imagine adding them to a salad unless I crumpled them up a bit, but overall I like them a lot. I just wish they came in a bigger bag.

Speaking of the bag...

The bag is 1.7oz with 170 calories per serving. (A serving is half a cup which leaves two servings per bag.) That's why there need to be bigger bags dammit.

There it is. I've finished the whole bag. Two whole servings to myself. Sheesh!

https://paradisegreenfood.com/products/bbq-shiitake-mushroom-50g
https://paradisegreenfood.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: