Wednesday, January 22, 2020

My/Mo Green Tea Ice Cream (with Mochi Bits)

During one of my cake cravings, I stopped by a market near my home on my way back from IKEA. I thought for sure they would have something, but all their desserts were either not was I was looking for or not in the portion I was looking for. I just wanted a single serving for me - just me - but it was either "buy this giant cake for several people" or "buy these cookies for a few people" and I already have sweet treats at home (mostly from baking things I'd made for potlucks and had stuff left over).

I will say the first thing I saw when I walked in was a cooler at the end of the ice cream aisle full of small pints of ice cream and some gelato tubs inside. (One of these days I'll grab some gelato, but they always have them in giant tubs. I just want a tiny pint for little ol' me.)

So I went to the bakery area to check out the desserts with the notion that if I didn't find anything there that I liked or struck my fancy, I would go back to that cooler.

Eventually returning to the cooler, I saw a lot of different brands and flavors that I had tried before, but there were a couple items that caught my eye.

The brand My/Mo makes yummy mochi ice cream that I've had before - probably every single flavor I could find in fact. But this case had pints of My/Mo ice cream with mochi bits in it. Of course, I was immediately curious and of the three in the case, I chose green tea.

When I popped the top off, I first smelled "freezing cold" - I can't be the only one that has experienced this when opening something that has been living in the freezer for a long time - and then I got hints of ice cream though not the actual flavor yet. (Again, I can't be the only one that has experienced the smell of ice cream. If you were blindfolded and someone put a pint of ice cream, I think you'd be able to say with certainty that it was ice cream.)

The taste of the matcha was delightful. Matcha on its own is bitter, and when translated into various drinks and foods, some people sweeten it up - some a lot, some a little. This was just fine. And when I eventually hit mochi? Yum! (I LOVE mochi. I always get it on my frozen yogurt and love the ice cream... and I've bought it on its own to snack on.)

I will say that a part of me was hoping for green tea mochi bits, but I suppose that was asking for a bit much. The combo of the mochi ice cream and the plain mochi bits was nice... and I ended up eating the whole thing in one sitting (which is not like me at all - my habit is usually to eat a portion and then cap and return it to freezer for future indulgence, but I guess it was just too damn good.

Also - I never understand portion notations on food containers - ESPECIALLY when they're super tiny containers. Like this pint? Half a cup is considered a single serving which means there are four supposed serving in this pint. And each serving is 200 calories.

So either the portions are trash (which I'm a firm believer of), or I'm a cow for eating the whole damn thing in one sitting.

I am cow. Hear me MOOOOOOO!!!


Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: