Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Seitenbacher Natural Cereal - Honey Chia Musli

Recently after running errands after work and heading home after an IKEA stop, I decided I would finally visit this shopping plaza I pass by ALL the time but never stop at... until now.

To be honest, I was craving cake or a cakey dessert of some kind, and I thought the store I'd driven by so many times would have a bakery area... surely, right? I was also looking for a specific cold brew coffee I had while out of town for the holidays. (Spoiler Alert - they didn't have it.)

In my browsing of this lovely little market, I came across a lot of things that piqued my "ohhh that looks interesting... I'd like to try that" - and one of those things was a bagged cereal.

They had a lot that I wanted to get, but I reigned myself in and only got a couple. One of them was a Honey Chia Musli.

I love cereal. I have a few boxes at home in various states of consumption, and in knowing this, I debated if I should get anything new. But the cereals are of the Cheerios, Special K, or Chex variety. You know - the mainstream stuff most any grocery store carries. (I'm also pretty basic in my cereal choices - like I usually get multigrain Cheerios, Special K with berries or yogurt and fruit, and honey-nut Chex. I also like Cracklin' Oat Bran - so yeah, from my cereal choices, you can see I'm the righteous party animal.)

I've seen "musli" cereals around, but upon my best recollection, I don't think I've tried any of them but have wanted to try them. So I went through the bags and came across a few that intrigued me, but I chose the honey chia since those are two things that I like.

When I opened the bag, it smelled like - I guess the best way I can describe it is your basic granola smell (it had oats, fruits, nuts... so kinda like a crumbled up granola bar). I poured myself a bowl, added my oat milk (I used to use almond milk, but I tried oat milk out of curiosity, and I like it - I get the same as almond milk - unsweetened original flavor).

Anyway - back to the cereal.

One of the pluses to this cereal is that there's really no worry about it getting soggy. Granted, I like pouring enough milk into my bowl to where I see the milk in the cereal. I'm not one of those "drink the milk after all the cereal is gone" people - and I don't want to be wasteful, so I pour just enough.

I really liked this cereal. Part of me doesn't want to constantly eat it since I don't want it to be gone. Yes, I can always go to the store and get more, but you know what I mean.

In reading the bag, it says "Musli is a ready mix of whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds, eaten with yogurt, milk or juice." Now... that last part... juice? I have heard of people barely awake in the morning sometimes accidentally pouring orange juice into their cereal instead of milk, but I've never personally tried it myself. I'm assuming it mean to combine them since I would totally eat cereal with yogurt or milk, but the idea of subbing out juice is a curious one. Or do they mean eat it dry like trail mix and wash it down with a glass of juice? And will any juice do?

Oh, the questions and curiosities.

Also, the bag says to refrigerate after opening.

Now one bag is 16oz ounces with half a cup being the serving size (leaving 10 servings per bag). The calorie count is 170 per serving.

I'll be honest. I don't measure out my cereal per the "serving size" malarky. I tried it once, and it's most often a puny serving size. I once tried a cereal a long time ago where they had a suggested amount of milk in some kind of direction. Who doesn't know how to make cereal?

Needless to say, I think I'll be getting more of this when this bag is done... and perhaps I'll get another flavor while I'm at it.

https://seitenbacher.com/WPSHOP/

No comments: