Wednesday, January 29, 2020

happi foodi - Buffalo Style Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls

"happi foodi" is a brand that I've recently come across that I'm really liking.

Recently I was craving egg rolls, and when I checked the freezer section at the store, I found these. To be honest, I didn't check the quantity and only saw "chicken" and "avocado" so I was pleasantly surprised when I took them out of my freezer recently to see it said "Buffalo Style" and there were only four in the box.

When I opened the box, the four to be packaged in two pouches of two. I had only intended to cook up one pouch, but then I remembered I didn't have a lot to eat during the rest of the day so I had all four for dinner. (Moo!)

Now the box gives you options on how to cook them: Microwave, Oven, or Fryer.

I cheated and fried them up in a pan on the stove (but I followed the instructions for the fryer that says "for best results, partially thaw the eggrolls first"). When they were "partially thawed," I pan-friend them...

And they were DELICIOUS!!!

The front of the box says "Buffalo style white meat chicken, avocado, red peppers, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cotija cheese, jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, and garlic. I didn't realize there was even in the egg rolls until I saw some of the cheese dripping a bit out of one of the rolls when I picked it up and took it out.

Am I the only one that hates waiting for food to cool down before you can eat it?

I let the four egg rolls sit on paper towels while I made a dipping sauce of soy sauce and a lot of garlic. (I ran out of sweet chili sauce, but my new mix suited me just fine.)

The egg rolls alone were delicious, but my dipping sauce wasn't too bad either. I was completely unaware of any of the vegetables in the rolls since I mainly tasted cheese, chicken, and avocado, but that was fine.

I ate only three of them and wrapped the remaining one in foil for later (which was enjoyed the next day as a snack).

Per the website, there's at least one more flavor, but I'd definitely eat these again.

Per the box, two rolls are one serving (which results to two servings a box). I technically ate one and a half servings for dinner that night... and half a serving as a snack the next day.

Did I mention "Moo?" But it's a quite happy "moo."

https://www.happifoodi.com/buffalochickeneggrolls
https://www.happifoodi.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: