Friday, January 17, 2020

The Queen of Tartes - Raspberry Pecan Coffee Cake

Every once in awhile, I crave something cake-like, but I can never find anything that is the right "cake" thing that I want. Or when I do, it's a huge cake thing that can feed several, and all I'm trying to do is feed myself.

In an attempt to sate this random craving when it reared its head recently, I stopped by a small market on the way home from IKEA. The main goal was cake and coffee, but since they didn't carry the coffee I was looking for, I set my sights for cake.

To my luck, they had a bakery area near the back. Around the bakery, they had little treats here and there, but the one that caught my eye was a dessert bar which I thought was lovely since I'm one person - that was a one-person serving - huzzah!

The brand name was "The Queen of Tartes" which immediately drew me to the treat even more. In the basket were several different flavors, but the one that instantly caught my eye was the Raspberry Pecan Coffee Cake.

I love pecans! So yes, that the winning factor out of all of the ones in the basket. Also, I thought the coffee cake would sate the proper cake craving I was feeling. So I snatched it up and headed to the cashier.

The portion size was your standard coffee house variety - you know, when you look in the case to get something to go with your tea or coffee. (The sticker on the wrapping looks to say 4.7oz - which upon a Google search, looks to be the equivalent to a single boxed soap.)

Unwrapped, the cake was sweet-smelling - but not overly sweet which was nice. And it tasted delicious. I believe on the website, it's described as "Tender buttery cake with a raspberry ribbon and pecan crumble on top. A guaranteed new addiction."

Oddly there are no nutritional facts listed on the cake, but I'm going to at least assume I ate a single serving. The label does list the ingredients: Gluten Free flour blend (rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, sorghum flour, arrowroot, guar gum, rice bran), eggs, butter (cream), flour, sugar, buttermilk, raspberry jam (raspberries, sugar, pectin), cinnamon, pecans, vanilla, baking powder, salt.

I hope all of that was correct because it didn't look like there were many visible commas.

Now truth be told the cake consistency I was looking for was a little denser than a coffee cake, but this tasty treat did me good in a pinch. I definitely need to go back to that market and try the other flavors they have.

https://thequeenoftartes.com/
https://thequeenoftartes.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fraspberry-pecan-coffee-cake

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: