Friday, February 28, 2020

Chameleon Cold-Brew with Organic Oat Milk [Dark Chocolate]

I make my own cold brew. It's pretty easy - coffee grounds, cold water, leave to steep overnight and voila! Coffee!!!

I didn't use to be a coffee drinker. I grew up a Kool-Aid Queen consuming mass quantities of oversugared Tropical Fruit Punch (thanks Mom), and staining my upper lip with a Kool-Aid mustache (which really only looked like evil vaudevillians since the red usually curled at the corners of my mouth.

Or perhaps maybe a little Joker-like?

In any case, my journey with coffee started with me being okay with the smell, but I wasn't a fan of the taste. Then later when I was older, I grew to not mind the coffee taste so much in things like chocolates, desserts, etc. But I still didn't like the drink.

In college, I started hanging out in the coffee district near the school. I'd get a cup of coffee with friends. We'd pay for a coffee, go to the variety of pump coffee pots with all sorts of flavor profiles, pour some in our cup, doctor it up how we saw fit, and sit around to socialize or do homework, etc. My blend was either a chocolate flavor they rarely had, French Roast or Hazelnut. And when I say I had coffee, what I really mean is a little coffee with my sugar.

Coffee was too bitter. And also did unhappy things to my tummy if I drank too much - sugared or otherwise. Or if I like the way it tasted and I slammed it - oy vey, the tummy upset.

As time went by, my tastes evolved, changed... and so I found a coffee type that worked for me and that I liked. I usually have three 32oz glass bottles of cold brew in my fridge which I rotate through randomly and usually start a new batch when two of them are empty. But then at the store my eyes will stumble upon a bottled coffee that just says "TRY ME" (well, at least I hear the bottle talking to me - if you heard it, too, then you'd be some kind of crazy person since the bottle is talking to ME!!!)

Which brings me to my latest coffee purchase - Chameleon Cold Brew with organic oat milk. The flavor? Dark chocolate. (Sounds yummy, right? Yeah. I know.)

Funny thing about bottled coffees... I find (for me) even if they say they're vanilla or whatever, it's still not sweet enough for me. I don't drink my coffee black at all. I always need at least a dollop of cream just to make it cloudy in the mug. I can't drink coffee straight.

Until now.

This lovely dark chocolate blend tastes delicious all by its lonesome. I didn't need cream or sugar or whatever. I just needed the yumminess contained within the bottle.

The 46oz bottle says that a serving size is 12 fl oz which leaves the bottle to yield 4 servings (each serving being 160 calories).

There are other flavors in the line, but since I finished this bottle, I haven't been able to find any others - which is sad, but I'm keeping an eye out!

https://www.chameleoncoldbrew.com/product/dark-chocolate-pour-enjoy
https://www.chameleoncoldbrew.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: