Friday, February 7, 2020

Ruby Jewel Handmade Ice Cream Sandwich - Lemon & Honey Lavender

Was browsing the ice cream aisle at a nearby market. Was wanting either mochi or a flavor/type of ice cream I hadn't tried before.

Enter "Ruby Jewel."

To be honest, I didn't realize this was a regular ice cream sandwich. My brain was set to macaron ice cream sandwiches (and I've seen them in large-ish packaging before) so the main part that caught my eye was the flavor profile - lemon and honey lavender.

When opening the bag, you're greeted to that cool "ice cream that's been in the freezer" scent with just a touch of sweet... which I assume comes from the lemon cookies.

Taking the ice cream sandwich out of the package, the cookies are soft and slightly crumbly in your hands (that kind of soft that you may have cookie crumb residue stuck to your fingers... which I just had to lick off... so no biggie).

The first thing I did was take a nice big bite and was immediately in my happy place. The flavors were so well balanced and melted together seamlessly, and it was just SOOOO GOOOOOD!!! The cookies on their own were sweet and lemony. The ice cream I could eat solo as well. Ugh!!! (I just thought if there was a bag of tiny versions of this ice cream sandwich. Dear gawd! I'd eat them up like bonbons.)

There are other flavors I want to try (Brown Sugar and Oregon Strawberry piques my interest the most, followed closely by Double Chocolate and Peanut Butter), but they'll have to wait... for now.

And the packaging... so cute. On the front, there's a "seal of approval" kind of mark that says "CERTIFIABLY 1000% AWESOME" - the back says "Best if eaten by you / today" as well as "Keep frozen. Stay Cool. For maximum enjoyment, let soften for approximately 3 minutes and 47 seconds at 72 F (22.2 C) before eating." At the top of the front of the bag, it says "All natural. All good."

Per the back of the package, this item is 5oz (5.25oz per the front of the package) and is 400 calories a serving - but thankfully the package is one serving. Woot! I don't feel like a cow anymore? - though I will keep how quickly I polished that sucker off to myself.

[tiniest of moos]

http://www.rubyjewel.com/ice-cream-sandwich-flavors/lemon-cookie-with-honey-lavender/
http://www.rubyjewel.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: