Monday, March 2, 2020

Chobani Coffee Creamer - Sweet Cream

In my last post, I mentioned a little bit about my coffee journey. I have a need for creamer in my coffee. I think it stems from starting doing what I'd seen from others in real life as well as TV and movies - some cream and sugar. Nowadays for me is a splash of cream and maybe some sugar-free syrup if I'm feeling fancy (my favorite as of late is Torani Sugar-Free Almond Roca). Most of the time it's just creamer. (I've also been known to add a splash in my tea.)

Creamer takes the place of "milk and sugar" since there's usually some kind of sweetness involved since I like flavored creamers. I usually use Silk Sweet and Creamy Almond Creamer, Since I'm using the creamer for coffee and tea, I don't want something that will alter the flavor profile of the drink. Like if I'm drinking Earl Grey tea, I wouldn't want a hazelnut creamer or something like that - I'd want something with a neutral flavor profile that would go with any choice.

While at an Asian market recently (I was mainly there looking for apricot kernel powder for something), I needed to buy milk but couldn't find a dairy section anywhere in the store. So after getting the things I needed from that store, I went next door-ish to another grocery store to grab a few things, and while getting some milk, I saw that Chobani had new coffee creamers out. (I will admit, the colors, artwork, and packaging caught my eye first.) I was also looking for my usual creamer - but guess what? They were out. So I checked out the Chobani brand, and they had a Sweet Cream which made me happy (since usually, I don't find "sweet cream" in most brands so I end up getting vanilla or something).

And it was yummy!

The side of the bottle says "Simple Ingredients" and underneath... "We keep our creamer simple and delicious. Starting from fresh cream from our yogurt-making process, we add only milk, cane sugar, and a touch of natural flavoring. Stirred into your coffee, our creamer makes every sip sweeter than the last."

Now of course after reading this, I went in search of the official list of ingredients that can be found with the "nutritional information" - and is listed as follows: milk, cream, cane sugar, natural flavors.

Can someone tell me what "natural flavors" they used? Not really sure what that means. I get the gist of course, but it just seems rather vague to me.

Regardless of the mysterious "natural flavors" - I would buy this again. It's nice to have a backup alternative for coffee and tea needs.

The bottle is 24oz and lists one serving size to be a tablespoon - which is 30 calories per serving, the bottle yielding about 47 servings.

https://www.chobani.com/products/coffee-creamer/creamer/sweet-cream/
https://www.chobani.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: