Monday, February 10, 2020

Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream - Honeycomb

Whenever I get a hankering for ice cream - unless it's an extremely specific hankering - I look for something new that I've never had before.

In this case, I had never tried the brand Van Leeuwen so I thought I'd check it out. Of the flavors in the cold case, the only one that stood out to me was "honeycomb." So I snatched that one up and took it home.

When I cracked open the pint, I was hit the ever-so-familiar cold ice cream smell. (I know you know it, so don't look at me like I'm weird... well, I am weird, but you know what I mean.)

It looked like vanilla with maybe a tinge of yellow in color - I'm assuming that was due to the honeycomb.

OMFG! It's SO good! Each bite is this perfect taste of honey which was sweet but not TOO sweet. (I had to calm myself so I didn't finish the pint all in one sitting... and I mean if I had no self-control, and I could fit the whole container in my mouth, I would.) Also in reading the side of the container, there is no honey in the ice cream whatsoever. It's just honeycomb they make in-house, break into bits and fold into the ice cream.

Ohhh, this would make an AWESOME milkshake... or ice cream sandwich. OMFG! To use this in an affogato? Dear gawd, that'd be fabulous!

Needless to say, I think you get the gist that I love this ice cream.

The info on the carton says it's 14oz, and 1 serving is 1/2 cup (yielding 3.5oz per container). And each serving is 240 calories.

The ingredients are simple, and the end result is yumscious and happymaking. And they make dairy-free options - so I'm curious to give them a try.

https://vanleeuwenicecream.com/pint/honeycomb/
https://vanleeuwenicecream.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: