Friday, February 14, 2020

Bumbles Dark Chocolate Honey Comb

Years ago I became aware of a candy called "seafoam" courtesy of my friend Novim who loved the stuff, and the only place I could find it was from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - which at their stores (of which I haven't been to any of their locations in quite a while) they only offered white, milk chocolate or dark chocolate covered seafoam (though per their website - it looks like they have other flavors now).

Seafoam... how to explain it. It has a Butterfinger-sponge-like texture? Man, I suck at this.

Basically, it's delicious.

I found a different brand at Trader Joe's but now I can't seem to find it there anymore. (And also, it goes by a variety of names. Why Rocky Mountain calls is seafoam is beyond me. (When doing a Google search, you can't just type in "seafoam" else you'll get anything BUT candy.)

While perusing Cost Plus one day, I came across a bag called "Bumbles - Dark Candy Honeycomb."

Yeah, I got excited.

It was really good. It's sweet and crispy, and the pieces are decent bite-sized squares. And dark chocolate? Hells yeah!

Now, in full transparency, I rarely stick to the "serving size" bullshit on food packages since if I did, I'd eat maybe two M&M's a day, and no one does that. That's just crazy! But with the honeycomb? It's an extremely rich treat so it was easier to just have one... maybe two. And I was a good girl and didn't reach for them every day - though at times it was tempting.

I recently finished the bag I had... which only means I need to get more. It's a good treat for myself when I've accomplished some serious adulting. (YAY ME!!!)

The bag is 11oz and claims a serving size is two pieces which are 120 calories per serving and leaves about twelve servings per bag.

https://robernmenz.com.au/product/view/127?cat=26
https://robernmenz.com.au/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: