Monday, February 17, 2020

Cupcakes & Co. - Ube Coconut Macaroons

My love of ube didn't start until I got older... like at least after I graduated high school. And I came across it all on my own.

Being Filipino (my mom), I would have thought (knowing as many Filipinos as I do), ube would have been something I would've been introduced to when I was younger, but nope. Not sure why. It's delicious.

To be totally honest, I don't care for ALL ube treats, but I do love ube in general.

Something else I like - well, love - is coconut. I had A LOT of that growing up. Tasty, tasty goodness! And when I found macaroons? I mean, it's a ball of coconut. What's not to love?

So one day while perusing a Filipino market, I found UBE COCONUT MACAROONS!!!

As you can tell by the ALL CAPS, I was very excited.

They only came in a pack of six but lasted a long time since they were so yummy yet so sweet, I could only really eat one at a time (and by "at a time" - I mean that I was usually good for at least a few days).

They look like mini ice cream scoops and by looking at them, you'd think you could fit a whole one in your mouth - which you might, but to be fair, you wouldn't be able to talk... or chew... or breathe, probably. The macaroons are quite dense and need to be eaten (and savored) in smaller bites.

Ohhh, I just had a thought. They'd go really good with ice cream.

In one 6oz pack of six, a serving size is two and calories per serving are 130 calories. (One is really enough for me since they're so sweet and dense, but that's okay. That just means the six-pack will last me longer.)

https://cupcakesnco.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: