Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Cadbury Creme Egg Cookies (Limited Edition)

When I was little, I was a bit obsessed with the Cadbury Egg.

I blame the commercials.

They usually played around Easter every year. I'd see a big fluffy bunny rabbit twitching its little nose, and clucking like a chicken laying an egg. But this bunny was different - this bunny laid Cadbury eggs.

In the commercial, someone would unwrap an egg, tear it in two, and show off the ooey-gooey insides (which were the color of an actual egg - yellow center with white around it).

I was fascinated. Plus - the bunny was adorable, and the fact it "bok-bok'd" like a chicken made me laugh.

I can't remember how long it was after seeing those commercials that I actually had one of the eggs - but I do remember my reaction though, and it was a little less than favorable. I was super excited to try one, but when I did, the inside wasn't 100% appealing. The flavor and consistency of the creme were not what I expected. But for some reason every time I saw a Cadbury Egg, I had to get one and try it out. (Now, I feel the need to say here that they were a rather popular item so actually acquiring one when I wanted one wasn't always a success so I didn't have TONS of them.)

Fast forward to now! At the store, minding my own business, checking out the candy section (like I do - don't judge!) and what do I see? Cadbury Cookies!

And they're Limited Edition - so I just had to have them.

Visually, they remind me of Thin Mints all covered in chocolate, and when you bite into them, they have crispy crunchy cookies, but in the middle of those cookies is the infamous creme that - as a child - I did not enjoy or remember fondly. But a lot of my tastes and flavors changed since I was little so I bought them and tried them at home.

And I like them!

I don't know. Maybe it's a different creme-filling (I get more caramel notes than I did before), but they are quite yummy. They are also very sweet. I highly suggest only one or two as well as a glass of milk or water as a palate cleanser.

The 4.9 oz package housed 8 cookies.

A serving is 2 cookies which leave 4 servings per package - and each serving is 170 calories.

I hope "Limited Edition" means they were just testing them out to see if people liked them... and they bring them back. It also makes me want to try Cadbury Eggs again.

https://www.cadburyusa.com/en_us/home.html
https://www.mondelezinternational.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: