Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi

I was that random kid that liked her vegetables.

Granted I wasn't open to ALL veggies and fruits - that was more my brother - but I liked most.

But when I think back on my childhood, I had been presented with the basics: apples, pears, bananas, oranges, lettuce, carrots, etc. There were more exotic types of things when I was older - such as mango and rhubarb - but there were so many more fruits and vegetables that I didn't know of (or try) until I was older... or had dinner at a friends house.

I think cauliflower was always on my radar. I've always been a curious person, and I'd see a lot of things during my many trips to the grocery store with my mother - most we never bought since my mother usually stuck to staple vegetables like carrots, onions, etc. I remember seeing cauliflower which I thought looked rather similar to broccoli.

It wasn't until I was older that I had cauliflower - mostly as a side vegetable dish or mixed in with other vegetables. By now, I've tried cauliflower rice, cauliflower crust for pizza... I've even made veggie tacos with seasoned and roasted cauliflower florets. Cauliflower is like tofu where it alone doesn't have a lot of flavor, but you can mix it with other things, and it'll soak up the flavor of the dish.

So as mentioned in my Kale Gnocchi post, I first found out about Cauliflower Gnocchi via YouTube. The gnocchi looked like white tater tots and was good on its own, but I added seasonings and cheese to mine... so it was extra yummy.

It's quite a versatile item. I have since bought more from Trader Joe's and have plans for different ways to prep it. Thinking about it now though - I'm leaning toward cheese... maybe an alfredo sauce or something... or some cut up chicken or sausage.

The bag is 12oz and contains 2.5 servings - each serving being about a cup and 140 calories. (Again, my math reminds me that a cup is 8oz, right? I'm assuming they mean the cooked result is more?)

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/cauliflower-gnocchi

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: