Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Not Your Mother's - Curl Talk - Curl Activating Mousse

I have curly hair.

It's a pain in the ass - as anyone that has curly hair can probably attest to.

Since I didn't really have anyone with my hair type (I have 3b/3c curls - depending on their mood) or any sort of knowledge of curly hair when I was growing up, I had to figure things out on my own.

Early on, the only things I had available to me were things my mother could by me at the store. So I had basic shampoo and conditioner (2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner does NOT work for my hair - that I learned early on).

When it came to styling products, I had tried a variety of gels and mousses which had different effects on my hair, and neither of them I really liked.

Now as an adult, I can try more things since I'm able to get them myself, but A LOT of things for my hair type cost A LOT of money. I'm fine getting said pricey-ish things, but they have to actually work. (Love me some samples.)

In my recent research and hair experimentation, I have come across the brand NOT YOUR MOTHER'S which I have seen before, but they have come out with a Curl Talk line of products that intrigued me. Also in embracing the "silicone/sulfate/paraben-free" curl way of life, this product line fits right into that as well as my pocketbook.

Recently I found Bianca Renee on YouTube, and she mentioned the Curl Talk line and how she loves the mousse and gel. Having not so happy times with mousse in the past, I was hesitant to try it out, but I've liked (and have been interested in) the brand from afar, and her hair always looks good (I still have not been able to embrace "big hair"), so I thought - Why not?!

I bought the mousse from Target and used it the next time I washed my hair (which is usually twice a week). First off, the mousse smells good and doesn't go everywhere like other mousses I have tried (which could be partly the formula as well as the nozzle on the bottle). Also, it doesn't keep coming out of the bottle like an alien trying to escape the small container. I find I don't have to use a lot, and even after I diffuse, there is a little crunch, but it's not like previous mousse experiences where it's so crunchy you can hear it or when you touch it, it feels like it can cut you. And one can lasts a long time.

The bottle says "Lasting shine and definition. Humidity protection for frizz-free curls." The weather is starting to transition to warmer temperatures so we shall truly test that humidity claim sure enough. But it has been helping with frizz. Also, the bottle says "soft-touchable hold for all curl types" and that hold is a 2 out of 5 on the scale listed - which is just fine by me.

I really like this product. It works on my hair and is affordable (about $7-$8). I will definitely be repurchasing this when the bottle I have finally runs out. I'm also interested in getting other items in the same line.

https://nymbrands.com/product/curl-talk-mousse/
https://nymbrands.com/

Available at Target
Available at Ulta

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: