Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sinbad Baklava Chocolat

I can't remember the first time I had baklava. I may have been out of high school. Maybe during college?

Regardless of when I had it, I love it and get it whenever I can.

It's quite a dense treat and also rather sticky (due to the honey), so it's something I occasionally partake in and usually only one piece (since really one piece is enough).

While at a smaller market with yummy treats in their bakery section (and me with one of my random sweet cravings), I spotted some baklava, but this was special baklava because it was CHOCOLATE!!!

In all the times I have ever had baklava, it's either cut into squares or triangles, with or without decoration of chopped nuts on top (depending on what nut was used to make the type you're eating),  and almost always with a slight drizzle of honey.

But I've never seen CHOCOLATE baklava! It looks like the pastry sheets were made or mixed with chocolate - which is AMAZING!

In any case, the four-pack was fine with me. They were all chocolate - two of which had white chocolate drizzle on top, and they were divine. Opening the container, you're immediately hit with the chocolate sweetness. The smell is undeniable. The pieces are still sticky and crumbly as with the regular kind, and the size of each piece can fit comfortably in my palm.

They're crumbly and sweet and crunchy and gooey... and just happy-making.

One container is 7oz - stating there are four servings in each container (which makes sense really given the richness of the treat), and that each serving is 200 calories.

And I had two in one sitting.

Moo? LOL!

I wonder if there are other flavors of baklava. Like how there are different flavors of madeleines. Ohhh, that would be so awesome!!!

https://sinbadfoods.com/products/baklava-chocolate/
https://sinbadspecialtyfoods.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: