Monday, December 30, 2019

Snacktime Express - Dill Pickle Popcorn

One time on the way home from visiting a friend, I stopped off at a gas station to fill up my car and fill up on snacks for the drive. There I found pickle-flavored chips. Since then I've seen a variety of brands make pickle chips, and most of them I've tried and have loved.

The Counter has deep-fried pickle chips that are SO yummy.

And I've even made and eaten peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. (Yes, you heard me correctly.) I don't have them often, but they are yummy, and usually are a random craving that I usually sate when I have it.

Needless to say - I like pickles. I think that goes along with my love of sour gummies. With the pickles, I like the sour, vinegar taste mixed with whatever other flavorings there may be, (I once had spicy garlic pickles - DEE-LISH-US!!!)

So while out holiday shopping, I came across the food section at Home Goods and passed some popcorn. Usually, around the holiday season, there are TONS of popcorn tins filled with regular, cheese, and caramel popcorn. Some even have the caramel/cheese combo which I don't particularly like but hey - to each their own.

For the holidays, they even had colorful popcorn advertised as holiday-themed due to be different colors of Christmas tree lights. There were also a lot of popcorn bags where everything was covered in chocolate. (Don't get me wrong. I like me some sweet popcorn, but I wasn't there shopping for me.)

But then I found Dill Pickle Popcorn.

Yup. You heard me. I've had it before. A variety of popcorn vendors have made dill pickle popcorn before, and I've had maybe at least three or four, but I hadn't had this brand yet.

Oh and how yummy it was and happy it made me.

It wasn't overly salty - which is a plus - and the dill pickle flavor was just enough.

The bag is 7oz and the "nutritional facts" on the back says that a serving is two cups (which is 180 calories). For the size of the bag, there are about four servings per this size bag... and looking at the bag now, I think I've eaten at least one serving... or maybe one and a half.

Checking out their website, there are A LOT of flavors that they make and quite a few I would like to try. They also have a selection of cinnamon glazed nuts to choose from (though that selection is less extensive than the popcorn) as well as subscription box service.

One bag is good for me for a while even if it's a flavor I love, but I would definitely buy more - especially since there are flavors I'd like to try (a few of which come to mind during my PMS days).

https://www.snacktimeexpress.com/
https://www.snacktimeexpress.com/collections/best-sellers/products/dill-pickle-popcorn
https://texaspopcorncompany.com/ [listed on the back of the bag]

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

1 comment:

Snacktime Express said...

Thank you for your honest, detailed and entertaining critique of our popcorn! We are pleased you had an opportunity to taste our Dill Pickle Popcorn, as it is one of our best sellers.

Please follow us on Instagram @SnacktimeExpressPopcorn for our latest deals and promotions.

We hope to earn your continued business.

Sincerely,

R. Woods
Snacktime Express - Owner
www.SnacktimeExpress.com