Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Hungry Buddha Coconut Chips

I will be perfectly honest - as much of a lover of coconut I am, I'm not really a coconut chip eater. Well... at least not solo. If it's in a trail mix or something, I'll partake - but this snack is not something that comes to mind when I feeling a bit peckish.

But when I saw the following two items, I immediately became intrigued so I picked them up to try later.

Disclaimer: I'm not a spicy person by any means. It's only been until my later years that I will randomly not only crave spicy food but tolerate it, but it's completely random. I can't have had - say a ghost pepper and be okay with it only to go to a restaurant down the road and order a ghost pepper dish there. Again - my body is random so I have to always do the meek taste test and if it's okay (aka I don't die or hack up a lung), then I can eat the rest of whatever else was offered to me.

Wild Wasabi

Smells okay. Granted the only time I've ever truly "smelled" wasabi was when I put too much in my soy sauce while eating sushi and almost snarfed it up. (I'm pretty sure in this context you can guess what I mean by "snarf" - and no, not the creature from Thundercats - but even if you're not exactly right with what I mean, I'm pretty sure you'd be close enough.)

Back to the smell - it smells okay, but I can't smell coconut. I do smell a little... something? - but not coconut or wasabi.

The coconut chip feels and looks toasted, the color a light brown hue. There's no seasoning dust or anything on it - just the coconut itself.

Ahhh... there it is. It's baked in. How? I have no idea, but it's really in there. It tastes like the coconut was dusted with wasabi paste or powder. The wasabi isn't overwhelming - only giving a hint of spice and that's it. There's a bit of a salty taste to it but again, not a lot - only a hint.

I really like these.

Smokin' Sriracha

Where I couldn't smell anything from the Wasabi bag, I definitely smell sriracha from this bag. No coconut - just sriracha.

They (of course) feel toasted. However, they look very much like a barbecue potato chip - slightly orange-red.

And the taste - THE TASTE?

I immediately thought "barbecue potato chip." The flavor is just as subtle as the wasabi - there but not overpowering. In the beginning, I wasn't feeling any heat. I tried a few more - still nothing. Then I grabbed a small handful, and that's when I started to feel the heat. But it's not too much. It's just enough.

These bags are 40g each and are 250 calories per serving - one serving being the whole bag.

I like these - I REALLY like these. I would say of the two, the wasabi was my favorite. Thank goodness they come in such small portions or I may make myself sick eating too much of them.

https://www.buddhabrandscompany.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: