Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Siren Protein Bites - Lemon Poppyseed

While out running errands, I started to get a little hungry, but I didn't want to stop and eat a full meal since I had planned on cooking when I got home. So I opted for a snack I could eat while driving around.
I honestly can't remember where I bought this - either Whole Foods or Target, I think - but the bag I got was small and looked like a sample size.

The bites looked like giant brown sugar cubes, but you could see the poppyseed in them. They were chewy and pretty tasty and definitely helped curb my appetite until I got home... but I'm just a little confused.

So... I kept the bag that I bought so I had something to reference for this post, but I also wanted a pretty pic for this post. But when looking for an image of the bag online - I couldn't find one that matched the bag I had. The logos were the same, but the ingredients and info on the bags were not.

Here's what I mean.

All the pics/info online (like the pretty pic at the beginning of this post):
  • Front of the bag: 12G Plant Protein - dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, gmo-free
  • 1.7oz (47g).
  • 190 calories per serving
  • Serving Size - 47g (Servings Per Container - 1)
  • Ingredients: Plant Protein Blend (Pea Protein, Almond Protein), Organic Tapioca Syrup, Coconut Oil, Dates, Organic Coconut Sugar, Prebiotic Fiber, Vegetable Glycerin, Lemon Oil, Poppy Seeds, Sea Salt, Monk Fruit Extract.
And now...???


The bag I bought (as sadly displayed right above this text)
  • Front of the bag: 7G Plant Protein - grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free
  • 1.0oz (28g)
  • 110 calories per serving
  • Serving Size - 28g (Servings Per Container - 1)
  • Ingredients: Plant Protein Blend (Pea Protein, Almond Protein), Organic Tapioca Syrup, Coconut Oil, Organic Dates, Organic Coconut Sugar, Chicory Root Fiber, Vegetable Glycerin, Poppy Seeds, Organic Lemon Oil, Sea Salt, Monk Fruit Extract - Contains Tree Nuts (Almonds, Coconuts)

Now... I didn't get this that long ago, so I'm going to guess that what I see online versus the bag I have in front of me perhaps are two different batches. Maybe mine was the first iteration and they revised it to what is online now? I just find the randomness of the similarities and differences a little... odd.

All in all, I still think the snack was tasty and helped sate my tummy until I got home. I am curious to try the other flavors, but I haven't seen them since I bought this one. Where did they go?

https://sirensnacks.com/products/lemon-poppyseed
https://sirensnacks.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: