Friday, March 6, 2020

Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas - Honey Roasted

Every Thursday, a number of my friends and I get together just to be social. It started off as a Stephen King marathon of sorts since a lot of his work was coming out as movies and mini-series, but then we started also watching other horror movies from our childhood to now.

And sometimes we just drank.
Okay, well the ladies drank while the guys usually played video games or did tech stuff like playing with the surround sound, etc.

The gathering always takes place at my friend Jess's place. She usually has some wine for herself but welcomes us to bring our own, so the other lady (Dawn) and I usually bring additional bottles of wine to share. I have gotten in the habit of bringing two bottles since I'm indecisive and can't choose just one.

On the way to Jess's after work one Thursday, I stopped off at the store to grab my two bottles since I wasn't able to grab anything before then. After nabbing two, I grabbed an energy drink and needed a light snack since I knew we'd be eating when we all got there. (Did I mention Jess is an amazing cook?) I ended up in the snack aisle and found these crunchy chickpea snacks.

I LOVE chickpeas, and I've added them salads and other dishes, but I've never been successful at roasting them to make them into a crunchy snack. Of all the flavors available, I was looking for something light and not too sweet (the others were chocolate or caramel), and I've always loved honey roasted peanuts so... I went with the honey roasted flavor.

Not a bad snack, I will say. The crunch felt between a Cornut and a peanut. The taste was very on point with the honey roasted which was lovely. Sweet, but not too sweet - and had a nice crunch. They've kind of inspired me to try making my own again.

The bag I got was 4.5oz with a serving size being 1/4 cup (130 calories/serving), and the bag yields about 4.5 servings.

https://saffronroad.com/our-products/honey-roasted-crunchy-chickpeas/
https://saffronroad.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: