Wednesday, March 11, 2020

AIZA'S SWEETS Pastillas de Ube

I think I've already spoken about my love of ube. It's just so tasty. And if it's a flavor option - especially for a dessert - I'm most likely going to try it.

A friend at work (another Filipina) and often have conversations about food, and we both excited about Filipino food A LOT. One day when she got into the office, she stopped by my desk and handed me a bag of treats. When I saw the purple, I immediately got excited.

Chewy milk candy with purple yam.
Each piece was individually wrapped. They made me think of purple Tootsie Rolls... only purple and not rounded.

Out of the wrapper, they smell sweet and kind of feel like PlayDoh. Their chewy texture is a mix between a caramel and a Tootsie Roll - just softer.

I wonder what I can do with them. I mean, snack on them, of course - but can I put them in something? Like a cake or muffins or cookies? Can I melt them together and add them to a dessert? Would they go good with ice cream? Ohhhh! Ube ice cream! Or ube macapuno ice cream?

Can I blend them into a shake?

The bag is 4.72 oz and says a serving size is 6 pieces (so there are about 4 servings per bag), and each serving is 150 calories. Now... the front of the bag says there are 20 pieces in the bag... I don't know. The math is a little weird. If you know how many pieces are in a bag and have decided how many make up a serving, you should be able to give more approximations, right? 6 times 4 is 24... so the bag technically has 3.5 servings.

Meh, I'll leave it alone for now.

https://aizassweets.com/product/pastillas-de-ube/
https://aizassweets.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: