Sunday, July 19, 2009

Organic Earthly Delights Pomegranate Cranberry with Meyer Lemon Flavor

As previously stated, I love all things pomegranate... well, almost all things. I suppose I should say that I'm willing to try all things pomegranate. Yeah, that sounds better.

While at the store one day with a friend, we were in the produce section, and I was craving a snack and something to drink. I forgot what I grabbed to eat that day, but I saw some organic fruit drinks in the nearby cooler and was intrigued. Upon further inspection, I saw the word pomegranate and then ended up standing there reading the label, debating on whether I wanted to try the juice or not.

Per the label, it is 100% juice (shake well, keep refrigerated). There are 1.5 servings in a 12 fl oz bottle. 120 calories. There are several different juice concentrates and blends in this drink as well as natural flavors (which always makes me laugh because I imagine some bottle somewhere labeled 'natural flavor') and then some fruit and vegetable juice for color. Wouldn't the juice concentrate give it color anyway?

Never mind. Forget I asked.

Well, this drink wasn't all that great to me. Yes, it was natural and organic... and yes even pomegranate-y, but I've had healthy drinks that are also sweet tasting. Yes, I like my drinks sweet. So sue me. You could definitely taste the lemon in the drink which I normally don't mind, but I didn't like it in this drink.

Overall it just tasted like water with something in it... more water and than juice or good tasting stuff. It just didn't make me want to buy a six-pack of the stuff much less another bottle all by its little lonesome.

Would I try it again?: Maybe. When I try drinks like juices or sodas, etc, that don't taste good on their own, I like to think that they would make great mixers. I have yet to try the idea with this juice, but unless someone has an extra bottle laying around somewhere, I'm not going to rush out to the store to buy some anytime soon... but I am open to trying some of their other lines of drinks.

http://www.truetothefruit.com/
http://www.truetothefruit.com/prod-pomCranberry.html

No comments: