Thursday, August 23, 2007

Vosges Chocolate - Mo's Bacon Bar

So last night was me and my friends's monthly drink night (August's drink - mai tai's... oh Captain Jack Sparrow, this is where all the rum has gone).

During the evening's festivities, Kathy and Alithea had been snacking on some sweet potato chips and were commenting on the sweet and salty aspect of the snack making it addictive and so appealing. There were references to another snack to what I thought I had heard "bacon", but I wasn't sure.

Sure enough, that IS what I heard.

Kathy had gone with some friends up to Oregon to see a friend of ours graduate college. Upon someone asking her what she wanted as a gift, the graduate (Erin) said "chocolate" - so the gift giver (Janise) decided to buy her an array of chocolate.

One of which was a chocolate bacon bar.

Yes kids, you heard mommy correctly.

In case you can't read the picture attached to this post, let me translate. It says Vosges Haut Chocolat - exotic candy bar - Mo's Bacon Bar: applewood smoked bacon, Alderwood smoked salt, deep milk chocolate, 41% cacao.

Kathy had brought some home with her... just a little bit, but it melted a little in her car, so she had stuck it in the freezer. We all tried it, and let me say... it was REALLY good. It was so good, I wanted more than I actually had. I wanted a whole bar to myself.

Neither flavor was overwhelming or overpowering the other - the flavors complimented each other very nicely.

Looking on the website, they have other 'exotic' chocolate bars that I'm interested in trying - hell, I think ALL of them (especially since I saw the movie "Chocolat"... the Red Fire bar looks really tempting to me).

Would I try it again?: If you didn't get the inferred "Hell yeah" from reading the post, I will clarify this last with an absolute HELL YEAH I'd try it again. I want to eat the website, that's how yummy all the stuff looks on it.

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

No comments: