Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hansen's Green Tea Soda - Pomegranite

During a Safeway trip with Chris, we strolled down the beverages aisle for him to get some Pepsi, me some 7Up, and us a flat of water.

That's when I noticed the new Hansen's drinks. (I like me some Hansen's.) Also what caught my eye was that it was not only green tea... but pomegranite. I will try anything pomegranite - food of the Underworld is yummy!)

They come in four packs and four flavors: green tea, ginger, pomegranite, and Tangerine. (They even had Diet Pomegranite which is just wrong. I mean, come on now. Diet Juice of the Underworld? Hello?!)

Being a soda, it's carbonated (those sensitive to the bubbles, prepare for impending burpage). There was a distinct presence of green tea and just a sweet/tart hint of pomegranite. No one flavor dominated the beverage which is good. Certain flavors can do that, and it takes away from the enjoyment of whatever you're eating/drinking. (For me olives and blueberries have the tendency to take over whatever dish they are in if added to excess.)

All in all, I find this drink to be quite refreshing and yummy. I'm curious to see what the other flavors taste like (not so much the ginger, but my friend Alithea LOVES ginger... I'll try it with her and see what she thinks).

Would I try it again? Hell yeah! When I get paid again, and we go to the store, I shall get me another four pack. The only negative I can say about this drink is that it doesn't come in larger quanities.

http://www.hansens.com/products/products.php?subcat=20&color=soda

No comments: