Sunday, August 5, 2007

Basils Bavarian Bakery Premium Cookies with Cappuccino and Chocolate Chips

The last post... those lovely cookies I spoke of that took the nasty energy drink aftertaste out of my mouth?

Well THESE are them.

Currently, I am temp'ing at a place where I'm doing collections for them. It's an all right gig, but unlike the last place I temp'd at, these guys don't provide drinks and snacks for free. Instead they have vending machines: one soda and one snacks.

These lovely little creatures called out to me the other day. They were cookies... so of course, being fluent in cookie-ese, I listened. Everyday I passed by the machine... and everyday they yelled for my attention. Trying to be a good girl who desperately wants to lose some weight and inches off my mid-section, I acknowledged them, said hello... even stopped to chat for a bit (you know, just to be nice).

Eventually I gave in.

Now let me say right up front that I'm very wary when it comes to vending machines. I always wonder how often they've been maintained, how old the stuff in the machine actually is... what actually AM I eating?

Well, let me just say that the cookies were wonderful. They weren't old, but they were a brand I'd never heard of before or had never seen in stores. Granted, I only shop at Safeway and the like, but still. In any case, the cookies are wonderful, and I have been tempted to get them again, but my waist, common sense, and lack of motivation to excercise as much as I should holds me back.

But yes, they were quite yummy. Sweet but not too sweet. They weren't chewy (which I normally like in a cookie), but they weren't crisp like a potato chip. And they were bite-size which made snacking on them while working easy and wonderful. (Makes the day go by better when you've got yummy snacks that make you happy and distract you from actually being at the office.)

Would I try it again? Hell yeah. Now if they could just create a diet that involved eating yummy junk food while you still lose weight, I'd be even happier.

http://www.discountcoffee.com/cookie_cappuccino.htm

No comments: