Monday, November 7, 2022

Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style Evil Eye

You remind me of the chips.
What chips?
The chips with the power.
What power?
The power of voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind of the chips

Was that a a reference to the movie Labyrinth? Yes.

Why? Because these chips made me think of my favorate Zapp's chip flavor "Voodoo."

Is that the chip I'm talking about now? No.

So now that we're all caught up...

After an "I won't say stressful but a lot of 'ish went down this" busy week - I ran two quick errands after my somewhat quick Friday exodus from the office (post office and grocery store) before heading home.

Somewhere online, I saw a video of a woman making salsa, and it looked really yummy and since powerloss has been toying with my body and emotions, I wanted it - hence the trip to the grocery store. I picked up some lines, an orange bell pepper (my fave bell pepper), pomegranate seeds, and a garlic sauce in case I wanted to add a little something-something (I LOVE garlic). I also got some other things but not much else and then headed home.

I didn't make the salsa until later in the evening so before that, after changing into some jammies and washing my face, I snacked on some chips.

Some EVIL EYE chips.

I picked these up recently when shopping for cocktail fixings for a Halloween slumber party at my friends house a few weeks back. (I always want to bring something to a social event if I can.) While at BevMo, I was perusing their snack section and came across a few things - one of which were these chips.

I will admit, I first thought they were Voodoo chips, but I didn't remember the Voodoo bag having a person with more than one set of eyes. In the end, I added them to my cart and brought them home with me.

When I opened the bag, I immediately smelled that familiar potato chip smell, but also a touch of spice. They were also dusted in seasoning - somewhere between the spicy and regular Doritos powder shade. They weren't spicy at all to me (which made me happy since my spice baromoter is random, and I hate that - so it makes eating anything "potentially" spicy like a game of Bertie Botts Beans. Just because it has spicy stuff I've had before and lived to tell the tale, doesn't mean another spin of the "let's see if this will kill me" wheel will end up in my favor.

In the end, I liked them a lot, but I still prefer the Voodoo chips.

https://www.zapps.com/
https://www.utzsnacks.com/search?q=evil+eye

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: