Friday, November 11, 2022

Tillamook Country Smoker Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper All Natural Beef Jerky

GAWD DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!!!

I know that black pepper is technically "spicy" but why you gotta do me like that, dawg?

Yeah, I'm looking at you TILLAMOOK!!!

Okay, okay... I'm not really mad at you. I'm actually mad at my tastebuds.

Once upon a time in a land far far away, I couldn't eat anything too spicy. Seasoned nicely? Yes. Something Diablo from the Netherworlds crapped on for his disciples to consume? Oh HELL NO!

By the way, my brother is one of those disciples.

Let me tell you a story about a girl and her tastebuds. When she was born, she mostly like savory and sweet, but as she grew up, her tastebuds started to change along with the rest of her body. One of those things that changed was her heat tolerance. Back in the day, too much Taco Bell mild sauce was too much for her to handle. But as she grew older, and her powerloss symptoms started to change, it became a whole different frakked-up ball game.

See... back in the day when I first started my "powerloss" journey, during that time of the month, I started off craving sweets. Later on in my life, a friend's mother who was a nurse dropped some knowledge on me - that chocolate and caramel-colored sodas bloated women (which would explain during my powerloss days, nothing seemed to fit right, and I would take it out on myself.) Taking this information, during my powerloss days, I would drink 7Up and try to eat non-chocolate sweets (usually Red Vines). 

And wouldn't you know it? I no longer went into fits of rage at myself for not being able to fit comfortably in my own clothes. I mean, really. They fit me before. Why only one series of days out of every frakkin month do they give me grief?

In the beginning, I craved sweets.

Some years later, I craved salty.

As time went on from here, I was walking a fine line between sweet and salty. It was always one or the other - not some blessed union of both, and often, I would guess wrong.

Eventually salty won out... only soon to be beaten out by savory and spicy.

Oh yes, my friends... ya girl started craving the HEAT!

Now let's be clear. It's not like I'm doing shots of lava or anything. I just wanted something a little extra spicy that whatever level of spice I was used to (which wasn't much).

I used to live near a Del Taco. I grew up being near one - Del Taco being in my life WAY before Taco Bell was. I would hit the drive-thru often and always see deep-fried jalapeno rings, and they always sounded good to me, but my inner spice wimp said "Nooooo! Don't do it! You'll DIE!" So I never got it.

Until one day it was during the colder months, and my sinuses were doing their usual dance of not adjusting to the different weather patterns and turing the insides of my nose into putty making me a mouth-breather and leaving my tastebuds slightly numb. Feeling lazy about making food for myself when I got home, I hit the drive-thru for churros, a soda, either a burrito or some tacos... and there it was - those frakkin jalapenos staring at me. I think the notion that you can't taste spicy stuff when you're stuffed up came to mind, and I thought "Why not?" and ordered them.

They're served with a side of ranch, and I nearly cleaned out the whole cup.

This wouldn't be something I would eat on the regular - but once in a while if driving by and seeing it, I would think, "Meh. Why not?"

Which brings up back to this jerky.

When I saw "seal salt and cracked pepper," I thought of the salt and pepper chips I'd eaten and loved... so I thought the jerky would be good to me. Nope. One bite, and I knew something was wrong, but it was more tasty than wrong, so after having another bite... and another bite... the inside of my mouth became unhappy.

Don't get me wrong. It's tasty. I just can't have a lot of it. Next time, if I see it again, I'll either get a smaller back or snatch up my good ol' standby of teriyaki.

https://tcsjerky.com/
https://tcsjerky.com/collections/jerky/products/simply-crafted-beef-jerky-sea-salt-pepper?variant=30202986496055 

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: