Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Sangaria Strawberry Milk

I was never a milk drinker.

There's a story my parents have told that when I was little - as in still in diapers but walking a bit and verbal to some capacity - and I was given a bottle of milk, and I threw it away from me. (Strangely enough, I have a faint memory of being in my childhood home as a little youngun and throwing a bottle of milk away from me towards the kitchen.)

The only times I ever wanted milk was for cookie dunking, if I was eating a really rich sweet/chocolatey dessert, or if it was chocolate milk.

I've come a long way since my childhood, but I still am not a big milk drinker. I LOVE dairy and get my Vitamin D in other forms like cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, etc.

But. Just. Not. Milk.

Now that's not to say I didn't love dairy. I consumed all the other kinds of dairy there were: cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.

Now, I feel the need to preface this by saying everyone is lactose intolerant - just on different levels. I'm fine with it on the surface though if I consume a lot of something that I love - like cheese or milk tea with boba - and I slam it down like it's going out of style since it's just sooooooo yummy... 

Let's just say... I'm definitely going to feel it later.

Since I've gotten older, I have been enjoying more and more dairy-type beverages, but now we have alternate "milks." I, myself, am an oat milk girl - Planet Oat Oatmilk (unsweetened, extra creamy) or Chobani (unsweetened, extra creamy) are good my coffee and other drinks. Finding oat milk coffee creamers is a little more challenging though it's getting better. If needed, I can grab Silk Almond Creamer in Sweet Cream, but I also enjoy Nut Pods as well.

I like trying new things, and have when it comes to dairy, but the only dairy item I get as a non-dairy item is "milk."

With that said, I have been seeing a lot of online posts about drinking or making your own strawberry milk, and it looks so tasty in those videos. When I was a kid, I didn't much care for strawberry milk. Then again - the only strawberry milk I saw was Nesquik, and I was NOT a fan. But these videos, which usually had adorable little Asian children being given strawberry milk that their mothers made fresh and handed to them in little cups, made it look so appealing, I wanted to try it.

While checking out an Asian market I'd never been to before, I saw they had canned strawberry milk so I thought I'd give it a go. It looks like strawberry Nesquik. It smells sweet and strawberry-like, but once in a while, my mind flips and for a second, I can smell strawberry Nesquik.

It tastes good. Nothing amazing, mind you. I'm no longer scarred by Nesquik (I'm more of a Hershey fan.) But it tastes nice... even though it kinda smells like Strawberry Shortcake and her cat Custard.

https://sangaria.com/
https://sangaria.com/ramune-drinks/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: