Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pringles Extreme - Kickin' Cheddar

Ah, here I am again with another one of those snacks that tests my self-control and common sense.

Within a span of a few weeks, I can only recall walking through a parking lot back to my car when I happened to glance into a car that I was passing and saw a long slender can that made me think "Pringles", and then I saw that the can was indeed what I thought it was, but it said, "Pringles Extreme". I slowed a bit, thinking Extreme, but so as not to look like a stalker or someone thinking about stealing the car, I kept walking thinking "What the hell is an EXTREME Pringle?"

Well, recently on my trek to Fresno for the recent eventual trip to Glendale to visit family, at one of my pit stops was a can of Pringles Extreme Kickin' Cheddar chips.

Oh yes, I bought a tin.

I had water, Gatorade, energy drink and various other beverages in the car to help me not die while driving in case either 1) the jalapenos got me or 2) the chips were so nasty, they killed me on the spot.

Neither happened... well, okay, I started snacking on them quickly seeing as I really hadn't eaten that day, and (like the Cheetos) were quite yummy... so the gradual build up of heat almost killed me as some point, but that was due to my own stupidity.

These chips have a similar 'kick' as the Cheetos did... but I think they might have just a little more of one - not much, but a little more.

The texture is different than the roughness of a Cheeto. It's a Pringle, after all, usually smooth and less rough and hard than a Cheeto is known to be. Still, it tasted fabulous, but eventually I showed some restraint and put the lid on the tin.

Yes, a definite recommendation from me... if you like the slightly spicy snacks.

Would I try it again?: If I can find them again, hell yeah. According to the website, they have two other flavors, one of which is Screamin' Dill Pickle... I SO want to try that one. I LOVE dill pickle chips.

http://www.pringles.com/pages/products/extreme.shtml

No comments: