Sunday, February 17, 2008

Full Throttle Unleaded

Oh for the love of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So, like I've mentioned in recent posts on this blog, I went to Fresno to meet up with my mother and her husband to travel to Glendale to visit my brother, his wife, and their newborn daughter.

Now, my plan was to do laundry, clean house, etc, to prepare for being away from home for a few days. I wanted to pack up stuff and then Friday morning, pack up the car, head out to work, and then leave straight from work for Fresno (stopping here and there for gas, bathroom breaks, etc).

Always - ALWAYS - in these plans for trips, I always mean to get as MUCH sleep as I possibly can. (And needless to say I always - ALWAYS - fail.)

So in the end, I stayed up later than I wanted to, and mix that with my already self-diagnosed insomnia, and you have the formula for disaster.

Not really 'disaster' but... well, not much sleep.

After work, I stopped off at a drugstore to get snacks and drinks for the road, and I thought I'd check out the energy drink section. I mean, I was already drifting off during the day so I thought WHY NOT? Well, I opted for a FULL THROTTLE... since the other energy drinks they had there were ones that I've had before and didn't like.

While driving down the 101 freeway out of San Jose, I decide to crack open my can of Full Throttle and down some. Now let me tell you, if you ever come up against this decision, do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT!!!

Now, I've never tasted ass, but I have a strong feeling that this drink is close to it. It's gross and nasty and all sorts of other bad adjectives that aren't complimentary in the slightest. And the suckiest bit about the whole thing? It didn't keep me up! I thought perhaps that the sheer disgusting taste would keep me up for the duration of the trip seeing as no matter what I ate or drank afterwards, I could not get that heavily 'never in my wildest dreams would I wish this on my worst enemy' taste out of my mouth.

Okay... what did it taste like. Well, I'm not too keen on diet sodas... they always have that saccharine sugar-substitute taste. And energy drinks usually have that strong caffine aftertaste. Combine those two flavors with the nastiness of taking medicine as a child... and I think that's as close as I can get to it to descriving my experience.

Would I try it again?: Hell no!

http://www.fullthrottleenergy.com/fullthrottle/main.jsp

No comments: