Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kagome - Live True

In one of my many late night trips to the supermarket, I usually peruse the health food section since I'm trying to be healthier in my food intake and snacking habits, and in the cooler (as is ALWAYS when I pass by) were these Kagome drinks. They are sort of like a V8 Splash or whatever, a healthy drink mixed with veggies and fruits.

Now I was put off by these drinks before. Not exactly sure why though. I think it had something to do with the combinations of which fruits and vegetables they had in the drinks themselves.

This one particular evening, I walked up to the open cooler and looked at each of the bottles carefully. Most of what was in each drink was pictured on the bottle. By process of elimination, I narrowed it down to a few drinks and the one by one read the ingredients on the back of the bottles.

Just for the record, I'm not a huge 'beets' fan, but reading the rest of the ingredients, I reasoned, "I won't taste it with all this other stuff with it, right?"

So the two flavors I chose were "Burgundy Berry-Blossom" and "Golden Peach Garden". Both were quite yummy, very rich in texture and taste. Not too sweet. Just right. And Kagome boasts "100% real juice" and on the side of the bottle, they also claim "1.9 vegetable/fruit servings".

On the website, they have recipes in which to use the drinks in. Perhaps I shall try one sometime.

Would I try it again?: Yup, but this time I think I'll try one of the other flavors... like Ruby Pomegranate Harmony.

http://www.kagome.us/

No comments: