Monday, July 16, 2007

Sweet Leaf Tea

Another drink I recently tried was a tea made by the "Sweet Leaf Tea" company. I again found it in one of my excursions to Safeway.

My flavor of choice for this experiment? Hibiscus Tea (a 16-ounce bottle).

Those that know me know that I love my tea sweetened, and I should have known better than to actually drink something that says "sugar free", but I've had experiences where just because it's sugar free doesn't mean that it's not sweet or good. So I tried it.

Um, no.

My mouth was not happy with what I was making it drink. Now, that's not to say that it wasn't good. It was... but oh good gravy was it bland. I mean, there was flavor in the mix, but it tasted dulled to me. Nothing popped out. Nothing stood out and made me take notice of the drink to say "Hey, I'm new and tasty... DRINK ME!"

I sipped it, nearly drank half of it, trying to force myself past my initial "no, I don't like it" phase. (You know when you initially try something at first, and you think it sucks but after a while it kind of grows on you... like a fungus?) Nope. Still not having it.

What I *might* be having some of, though, is the drink recipes that the website offered. They sound pretty good.

Would I try it again? Like with the Hi-Ball Energy Drink... I may perhaps, somewhere FAR in my future, give it a go again. For now, I'm quite content to try something else instead although the tea in some boozey-concoction form does appeal to my curiosity.

No comments: