Monday, July 16, 2007

Eat Natural

The yummiest of my recent taste adventures takes the form of Eat Natural Bars. They are pretty much your traditional granola-type bars but are made of all natural ingredients and are good for you.

Not much can be said of these tasty treats. Due to money constraints and holding back on the impulse buying (translation: I didn't want to buy my initial desire to have one of each flavor)... so I bought the two that most appealed to me.

Fruit & Nut Bar and Almond & Apricot Bar (Yoghurt Coated).

The Fruit & Nut Bar was yummy. I had that as a snack a few days ago instead of eating chips or whatever else I could scrounge together in the house. It was exactly what the description said - fruit (apricots and peaches) and nuts (Brazil nuts, almonds, Sultanas, and hazelnuts). Of course there are other things like puffed rice, honey and glucose syrup... but that's it. Pretty yummy for me.

The Almond & Apricot Bar was just as yummy. What's in this one you may ask? Well, there's obviously almonds, apricots, and yogurt. There's also the puffed rice, honey and glucose syrup. There's also some coconut. All stuff I like.

Both bars were sweet, but not too sweet and just the right size/serving to healthily tide me over until official mealtime.

The other bars listed on the website that they make sounds just as yummy as the ones I've tried. They have seasonal recipes such as the blueberry, pistachio and yogurt bar. Now usually blueberries, in my opinion, have the tendency to dominate whatever they're in. I don't hate blueberries. I will eat them, but I feel you just can't put too many into what you're making unless you want the whole thing to taste like blueberries. I like pistachios (not the ice cream though). Yogurt - I love yogurt. There are other bits in it like peaches and honey and Brazil nuts, so I'm at least willing to try it.

Their other new seasonal recipe is Pear, Pecan, Ginger and Dark Chocolate. Hm, not a huge fan of ginger, but it's mixed altogether with everything else... and there are peanuts, cashews and coconut in it... so sounds good to me so far.

There also seems to be a breakfast mix... looks like a trail mix that comes in a small tub. That looks good, too.

Would I try it again? Most definitely. Now I just have to find the other stuff they offer since I don't think Safeway had everything that the list sited. I'll most likely get lucky at a Whole Foods or maybe a Trader Joe's.

http://www.eatnaturalstore.com/splash.jsp

No comments: