Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Diamond of California Hot Honey Walnuts

Guess who's back? With more walnuts?

Yeah. It's me.

The next flavor I thought I'd try would be the one that might kill me - or just make me unhappy for a while.

I'm not the best when it comes to spice. 

When I was little, I didn't like it at all. As I got older, I could tolerate certain levels of "spice" that basically fell in the realm of "not too much" mild sauce from Taco Bell. 

In my adult years, my spice tolerance evolved into some random chaotic game of chance which is truly unfair. 

[shakes fists at the heavens] 

My friends can look at a menu, see a spicy ingredient in a dish they're interested in, and say, "Oh that sounds good. I'll have that." Me? It depends on the mood my body is in. Even if I've had the same exact item the last time I was at the restaurant we are ordering from, my body without warning will spontaneously jump ship, leaving my digestive track all alone to chance, and as soon as the food passes my lips, slides like lava down my throat, and proceeds to beat the crap out of my stomach with giant spikey fists of death fire before I'm aware that I will be dying a slow, painful end curled up in bed with my internal dialogue screaming, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?"

Nope! Not all spicy things are created equal.

With that said, let's see what possible fresh HELL I've gotten myself into.

Opening the bag, I smell something other than walnuts. It doesn't smell like spice - more like seasoning.

At first chew, I can taste a little bit of spice, but not much. I know it's there, but it's rather faint. (I will say when chewing, some of the seasonings got caught at the back of my throat and almost started a coughing fit which would have been bad, but I got control over things again.)

These walnuts are different in color. They make me think of corn nuts and all the flavor powder they get dusted with. The coloring reminds me of barbecue or cheese powder on chips - which leaves the walnuts looking a little tan/sunburned.

And again - no flavor. There's a slight bit at the beginning, but the moment I start chewing, it's just walnut.

Gross.

Same nutritional info as the first bag -

  • 4oz (113g) of walnuts per bag
  • 1 serving is 1/4 cup (28g) which is 190 calories
  • 4 servings per container.

I went into this with an open mind, but it seems my mind (and tastebuds) still feel the same about walnuts as they always have..

https://www.diamondnuts.com/
https://www.diamondnuts.com/product/walnuts/
https://shop.diamondnuts.com/collections/snack-walnuts
https://shop.diamondnuts.com/collections/snack-walnuts/products/4-oz-hot-honey-snack-walnuts

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: