Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Jelly Beans Mix


In all honesty, I have no idea where I picked these up, but two thoughts crossed my mind when I saw them: 1. these could be interesting, and 2. they remind me of my brother.

My brother LOVES Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I'm not sure what his stance is toward jelly beans, but trust me - HE LOVES KRISPY KREME!!!

Me? To be honest, I don't mind Krispy Kreme, but I feel they're a little too sweet for me. Granted, when the PMS Monster rears its ugly head, I'm all over the doughnuts, but in general, I"m good.

As far as jelly beans go, I like them a little more than Krispy Kreme, but they're not a go-to snack treat for me. I am, however, a sucker for novelty and trying new things, and Jelly Belly Jellybeans do have that going for them. 

I'm looking at you, Bertie Bott's Beans.

So in this tiny 1oz flip-top box of beans, we have the following flavors (in no particular order):

Original Glazed (which looks like a tan/beige bean)

The flavor is pretty spot on! In any office environment, I've ever been in, there have been donuts. Before I know of Krispy Kreme or how big of a thing it actually was, someone in the office would have a box and smile at me like a drug dealer with that "the first hit is free" look. But I've always been used to a variety pack of donuts, but the Krispy Kreme fans, they always seem to have just Original Glazed. Yes, it's tasty but not my first choice. But this bean DEFINITELY tasted like the donut.

Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles (which looks like a dark brown bean with random speckles)

As a kid, chocolate donuts were my thing. I preferred a chocolate cake donut with chocolate icing, but I'd take vanilla if that's all they had. If I was feeling fancy, I'd get the ones with sprinkles or nuts, but I preferred the nonpareils. nowadays my chocolate donut of choice is a chocolate old-fashioned (which Krispy Kreme does, but they coat it in glaze so if I ever get one, you know I'm PMS'ing.

I definitely get the chocolate (which is nice and rich), but I think the "sprinkles" are just for show. The chocolate flavor is strong but not too strong to make me not like it.

Cinnamon Apple Filled (which looks like a marbled tan/beige/brown bean)

COME THROUGH CINNAMON APPLE!!!

This was the bean I had the least of - literally only had two in the whole box. (The highest quantity of beans I had were the Original Glazed, but hell - that's like their signature staple, right?) I REALLY liked this one. The flavor is not too strong but subtle enough to truly enjoy - so much so that I want the actual donut of this right now. 

Strawberry Iced (which looks like a pink bean)

That is sweet - possibly the sweetest bean. I don't taste any "donut" - just the glaze. I feel this is the strongest flavor out of the box.

Krispy Kreme has the Homer Simpson donut (pink icing with sprinkles). I don't think it's actually for The Simpsons, but I see it a lot, so I associate it with Homer. It's sweet and tasty, but I wish it was more subtle in flavor like the Cinnamon Apple Filled. 

Glazed Blueberry Cake (which looks like a pinkish/beige bean with blue speckles)

The blueberry starts off a light, but the more I chew, the more it comes through. AND I LIKE IT!

It makes me think of blueberry coffeecake. Blueberry muffins have a sweeter, much stronger blueberry flavor. I like this bean. Makes me happy.

The serving size is the whole 1oz box and is 100 calories. 

In reading the back of the box, there was a note that said "Made in a peanut-free factory."  Something I also thought was cute was the barcode on the back was in the shape of a jellybean.

But now all the beans are gone... and I'm really only missing the Caramel Apple Filled and Glazed Blueberry Cake ones.

Is it weird that I'm not as big a fan of the Original Glazed as most of the world seems to be? They recently came out with mini-doughnuts which I totally dig. I also occasionally get the doughnut holes (which I just checked their site, and they have Glazed Blueberry Cake Doughnut Holes! - but I'd be even happier if they had Caramel Apple Filled Doughnut Holes.

Oh well. Maybe someday.

https://www.jellybelly.com/krispy-kreme-doughnuts-jelly-beans-mix-1-oz-flip-top-box/p/92682
https://www.jellybelly.com/krispy-kreme-doughnuts-jelly-beans-mix/c/721
https://www.jellybelly.com/

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: