Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Peeps Marshmallow - Hot Tamales Fierce Cinnamon

I love Peeps!

I honestly cannot remember the first time I ever had a Peep. I'm guessing it was a rather long time ago. I don't remember eating them when I was single-digit young, so I probably tried them out in my teens, but whenever I first tried them, I became a fan.

I do remember only ever seeing them during Easter - and mainly seeing them in chick form. It was rare to see bunnies. And the chicks were usually yellow. I know they are made in all sorts of colors (and now all sorts of flavors and sold on non-Easter holidays). Now they're themed to whatever holiday you wish - Halloween, Christmas, and so on and so forth.

But yes - regardless of their form or their color - they all taste like sugary marshmallowy goodness! (Which I like fresh or a little stale!)

And I always keep telling myself "One day I will make smores with them!" - but I never do.

I don't remember when exactly they decided to start making specialty flavors, but whenever I see them, I immediately buy them and want to eat them all up.

This time around, I found Hot Tamales Peeps!

When I was young, I loved me some good ol' Mike & Ike's but then in the same candy family, there were Hot Tamales - tiny oblong capsules of sugar and cinnamon. They were very cinnamon-y, but I never had them all that often - maybe once in a while at the movies or got a small box of them during Halloween.

But now I'm an adult (child) and make my own money and buy whatever food or confectionary type thing suits my fancy and/or curiosity - which brings us to Hot Tamales Fierce Cinnamon Marshmallow Peeps.

Now - I have had had a lot of cinnamon things. And yes - true cinnamon tastes NOTHING like Hot Tamales or cinnamon gummy bears or Red Hots... it's spicier and sweeter than cinnamon in its original form, but we still accept it and like it. (You know, in the same way how grape flavored things don't taste like grape - they taste like purple.)

So first off, they are bright hot red.

Second - they actually smell like Hot Tamales.

The insides are a hot pink/light red color.

Did I eat a whole row of five straight out the gate? Yes.

Do I feel bad about that? Fuck no!

Would I do it again? Hell yeah!

There are three rows of five peeps which gives you fifteen per package. Per the laughable nutritional information, there are "about 4 servings per container" which they state is 4 peeps - 110 calories per serving. (At this point, my brain says "Four times four is sixteen... but there are only fifteen peeps in one package. Then my brain calculates fifteen divided by four equals three-and-three-quarters. So now my brain is calculating what the actual portions are with the fifteen in the pack since the information didn't say serving size was "approximately" four chicks - it said it was "four chicks.")

But back to the peeps.

The flavor and texture are nice, but there is no "fierce" cinnamon flavor. It's just sugar with a hint of noticeable cinnamon.

Do I like it? Yes.

Am I blown away by it? No.

Will I still eat the fuck out of it? Hell yeah, I will!

Still need to make smores. Really need to do that one of these days.

https://www.peepsbrand.com/
https://www.peepsbrand.com/product/hot-tamales-fierce-cinnamon-flavored-marshmallow-chicks/

Later my lovelies!

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments: