Sunday, November 16, 2014

Food Should Taste Good: Falafel Tortilla Chips

After working three hours of approved OT to get caught up on some work (and not feeling like I made any progress), I wanted food. Last time I ate was around 1:30pm-ish, and by the time I got out of work, it was 8pm. I decided to head home with a pit stop at Whole Foods to make one of my usual salads.

I ended up perusing the store (thank gawd there was only an hour left to them being open else I would have bought more things), and being in a chippy-dippy kind of mood, I got some dip (Hope Foods Organic Hope Dips - Curry Lentil Dip) and then headed to the chip aisle. I was trying to find something that would go with the dip I was also trying out.

Since I couldn't narrow it down to one bag, I bought two - one of which were falafel chips. That's right. You heard me. FALAFEL.

Now I love me some falafel. My habit at the Falafel's Drive-In is to get falafel, hummus, and pita. I either spread the hummus inside the pita and add some falafel OR I mash the falafel into the hummus and then spread into the pita. Either way, it's delicious.

And I've tried other chips that are made out of things other than your traditional potato or corn. Love veggie chips. So when I saw this, I thought, "Okay, you've piqued my interest."

Immediately when you take a chip out of the bag, it SMELLS like falafel (so good). I kept sniffing the same chip over and over again thinking "What sorcery has created such a treat?" The front of the bag says that they're made with chick peas, onion, coriander, cumin, parsley and garlic. Popping a chip in my mouth, I found that the chip is thinner than a regular potato or tortilla chip, but it's pretty damn tasty.

I used to be a person that needed my chip to have flavor meaning I never did plain. I wasn't a big regular potato chip or tortilla chip person. If it wasn't BBQ or some other flavor, I needed dip or I wouldn't eat it. Nowadays, they make chips that are essentially "plain" but taste AMAZING! This is a chip I could eat the whole bag of. (Yes, I know. I'm a pig.)

Their suggestions on the back of the bag say they go best alone or with Olive Tapenade, Tzatziki Dip, and/or Feta Cheese. It went great with the dip I had. I'll write about that in a different post.

Would I Ever Try This Again?: Of course. I've had a few flavors from this brand before and have found them all tasty. Falafel is a definite yum yum plus!

Distributed by:

Food Should Taste Good, Inc.
PO Box 18932
Denver, CO 80218 USA
1-877-588-3784
http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/
http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/products/tortilla/falafel

No comments: