Sunday, November 9, 2014

Delish Dark & Twisted Lemon & Black Pepper Dark Chocolate

Picture courtesy of me, my iPhone and filter apps. :)
One night I headed to Walgreen's to pick up some things allergy meds and a bag of candy for my candy bucket at work (it was running low, and I was wanting some back stock to top off the bucket). When I got to the candy aisle, I saw the usual chocolate bars - which I am a fan of don't get me wrong, but they were advertising the same old thing, and I can get that anywhere really. Then I saw this little guy and thought I haven't seen you before. 

Most of the time I see chocolate bars advertising that they're just chocolate with this much cacao and so on, and that's fine, but after a while they all start looking the same to me. So when I saw Lemon & Black Pepper, I thought Okay, I'll give you a go.

So you open the box-type packaging and find the giant foil wrapped chocolate which brings me back to my Hershey Bar and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Wonka Bar days. When you open the foil, the chocolate is similar to a Hershey bar meaning it's divided into sections, but instead of the little Hershey stamped rectangles, you have giant blank squares (equivalent - at best guess - to four little Hershey rectangles) giving you eight squares in total.

I broke off a couple and ate one, and at first, it just smelled like chocolate and tasted like chocolate. There was a bit of a crunch to it, and I assumed that had to be the pepper, but the lemon came in at the latter half for a nice finish.

Overall you get mainly chocolate with hints of black pepper - I think you can see some in the grain when you break a piece in half - but there is no physical trace of lemon like zest, at least that I can see.

Well done chocolate. I like you.

Would I Ever Try This Again?: Yes. The fusion of the flavors isn't overwhelming that you forget what you're eating or make a "What the hell is that?" face. Overall, it's a nice, tasty treat, and I can't help but wonder what it would taste like in a s'mores.

Distributed by
Walgreens Co.
200 Wilmot Rd.
Deerfield, IL 60015

Walgreens.com
http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=lemon+and+black+pepper

No comments: