Friday, April 5, 2013

Doritos JACKED: Ranch Dipped Hot Wings

Hey there! Long time no try something new.

So here I am.

While at work today, I had a hankering for a large soda. At the start of my lunch, I headed over to a nearby 7-Eleven to grab a Gulp of the Super variety. Feeling a little drowsy, I also grabbed a couple Rockstars (which I'm not sure why I even get those since I'm not sure they do anything for me.

When driving? Yeah.

When just sitting? Less likely.

I had spotted a few new Doritos flavors so on my way back to the register - beverages in hand - I grabbed two bags of chips.

First up? ranch dipped hot wings. (looks at bag) Oh wait. I mean RANCH DIPPED HOT WINGS!

I'm still trying to learn how to eat hotter (as in spicier) things, but it's a slow process for me. I'm still a noob, but the desire is there. I see stuff and think "That looks tasty." Then I see jalapenos or chilis or whatever and get all kinds of "oh gawd, that's gonna melt my mouth and make me poop liquid fire for days".

So here I sit... an open bag of Doritos before me... and trying some chips that are like the regular size Doritos on steroids.

I've eaten a few so far, and yeah... not too terribly impressed. I mean, I'm dealing with powerloss at the moment (time of the month to start soon though the PMS salty cravings have begun early as usual). They're tasted, but I'm not getting JACKED as the wordage on the bag proclaims. I can't really taste the ranch much although there is something there with the hot wingy-ness. It's not bad... just not anything special.

I'm not gonna bother anymore with the calories and all that since it's frakkin DORITOS!

And did you know Doritos contains milk ingredients. Really? Not MILK... but MILK INGREDIENTS.

And the part that makes me giggle a little? The "Guaranteed Fresh" notation that says if it's not fresh by the freshness date on the pack... "this snack's on us". Questions or Comments? 1-800-352-4477 - Weekdays 
9:00am to 4:30pm, Central Time. Please provide product name, bag size, date, price and numbers found below price for each package.

Seriously. The bag was like a buck something. Who the frak is gonna call with all that information to say their snack sucked and they want their (looks at bag) $1.49 back.

*rollseyes*

Would I ever try this again? Yeah. Why not? I don't think I'm ever gonna be overcome with a need to sate this craving NOW kind of feeling, but if it's all they have left in a mini-mart as I scavenge for snacks during a zombie apocalypse? I wouldn't say no.

FRITO-LAY, INC.
Plano, TX 75024-4099
http://www.fritolay.com/
http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/doritos-jacked-ranch-dipped-hot-wings.html

No comments: