Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hello Kitty Spumante

"Kitty Juice" made in Italy
When I found out my friend Alithea S was coming to town for a visit (her birthday is August 10th y'all, just so ya know!), I was happy.  Then Kathy W told me that she was going to snag her from SFO, and we'd get her for Dusty's World.  Another happy thought.  I met Kathy at her place and from there we headed to the airport to grab Alithea. 

We parked and waited for her at the gate as people were arriving.  Eventually she walks up with her purse and what could be construed as a souvenir bag.  Hugs are exchanged, and she then explains she had to make a pit stop, and we find out the bag is filled with Hello Kitty wine.

Oh yes.  Hello Kitty wine. 

I've seen Hello Kitty airsoft guns (of which I want one) and Hello Kitty sex toys (of which I want one purely for novelty sake cuz come on... doesn't every Asian chic need a Hello Kitty sex toy? LOL!), but now there's wine -  an awesome thing I can totally get behind and want to partake in.

So we made it back to Kathy's, and I thought she was saving the wine for some other occasion, but she told me to bring it in, and the spumante was chilled.  We snacked, chatted, drank, listened to the show, and helped take care of Geoff T (who had laser eye surgery that day and was not supposed to open his eyes for something like 12 hours... in fact, per his doctor's encouragement, we were plying him with booze and anything else we had in our arsenal to get him to rest/sleep to promote not opening his eyes... I think we succeeded).

This is pic I took of the bottle.
I think it was sometime after the show was over that we poured out the "kitty juice" and doled it out to almost everyone (save maybe Geoff who might have been laying down in his room at this point).

Let me state right off the bat that I am mainly a red wine and dessert wine drinker, but I will go to tastings and try any wine you place before me. 

With that said, this wine was dry and crisp, and according to Kathy the "dry" warning was on the back of the bottle instead of the front where she's used to it being.

Ohhh, and there are DRINK RECIPES per the website I found!!!


Would I ever try this again? It was tasty but not a favorite.  Still if I was out with the girls and all we had was spumante, I'd toast and imbibe with the rest of them.  Also curious about the other wines.  And come on... it's frakkin HELLO KITTY!!!

http://winefromtheboot.com/hello_kitty_wines_spumante.php
http://winefromtheboot.com/hello_kitty_wines.php

No comments: