Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lychee Pocky

let's have some fun
this snack is sick
I wanna take a bite
of your Pocky stick
Okay, so make all the Asian jokes you want, but I love me some Pocky.  And I also love me some lychee.

And for those that have told me that they don't like lychee since it feels like they're eating eyeballs... you're weird.  Eyeballs are delicious!

Seriously though, here we go...

The candy store where I bought the bacon soda (which was a bad idea... DO NOT DRINK THAT!... unless you find a way to make a delicious alcoholic beverage, then please... let me know) was selling various types of Pocky.

What is Pocky?

Well, essentially it's a tiny breadstick covered in stuff rather it be chocolate or a yogurty fruit topping or nuts.

It's sweet and a little salty and makes me with they were the size of breadsticks from Olive Garden since they're just so damn yummy.

I bought them just before going out of town and visiting my family, and my brother and his wife are selective in what they let their daughter (my love four-year-old niece) eat.

The rule is basically: if you can't pronounce it or know what the frak it is, don't eat it.

So here are the ingredients:  wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, milk powder, lychee flakes, margarine, skim milk powder, cocoa powder, lychee flavoring.

And then there's the allergy advice of: contains wheat and milk.

So I asked my brother if I could share some with my niece (being respective of a kid's parents and all), and he said sure, but he wasn't sure she'd like it.  So while playing with puzzles, I offered her one, and she loved them.  She was so cute... asking me for mas Pocky.  (I loves her to pieces!)

The box was a whole whopping 37g and guess what?  That is also the serving size.  Woo hoo!!!  I can actually see an entire box of yogurt-covered pretzel sticks being a serving as opposed to a small bag of M&M's having 3 pieces be a serving.

In any case, Pocky is yumscious, and I've never been disappointed by any of their flavors.  I mean, it's a simple premise... like the chocolate-dipped soft serve cone. 

Now if they start going the way of Harry Potter Bernie Bott's Beans... *shrug*


Would I ever try this again?  Yup!  I liked it a lot.  It's a nice snack while watching a movie or reading or while writing.  (But aside from saying how tasty it is, I have to say when I looked them up online, their website made me giggle.  So check it out.  The music and outfits.  *grin*)

Imported by:
CTC FOOD INTERNATIONAL INC.

131 West Harris Ave. So.
San Francisco, CA 94080
USA

http://pocky.jp/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! That Pocky flavor actually came out of Thailand. You can order is from AsianFoodGrocer.com; CTC Food is our parent company and has been importing Asian food for about 60 years.

As soon as they open the Thai-Glico factory back up we will be placing more orders for Glico Lychee Pocky!