Sunday, May 30, 2010

Planters Big Nut Bar: Double Peanut


One day while heading out on errands, I was in need of a snack.  I was going to be having dinner later with some friends, so I opted to just grab a drink (I was extremely thirsty) and was in need of something to tide me over until mealtime with friends.

I got a bottle of iced tea, and at the counter was the familiar Planters monocle guy so of course it caught my eye.

In a little promotional box at the mini-mart I had stopped at were a bunch of BIG NUT BARS.  Of the choices I had (which were not many), I had decided to keep it simple and chose the double peanut bar.  (Also I had been craving peanut butter a lot around that time.)

Back in the privacy of my car, I uncapped my tea, pulled the wrapper back on my peanut bar, and drove out of the parking lot.

Holy tasty awesomeness!

I'm only assuming you already can imagine what it tasted like, but for some strange reason you can't, let me break it down for you.

You've got the salt from the nuts which lay on a layer of creamy peanut butter deliciousness.  This bar is a woman's answer to PMS.  Hallelujah!

The bar itself is 1.62 oz which in total equals 220 calories.  Now the amount of calories in this small snack doesn't surprise me since it's rather sweet.  In no way is this a pure healthy treat, but I would say it is better for you than a Snickers bar (but I still love me some Snickers).

Fat calories from the 220 are 110.  Total fat grams are 13.  Total carbs are 22 grams.  Protein - 7 grams.

Oh, for those that need to know, the back of the package below the ingredients says...

CONTAINS: PEANUTS, WHEAT, MILK, SOY.

MANUFACTURED ON EQUIPMENT THAT PROCESSES EGG, SESAME SEED, TREE NUTS.

Now with that out of the way...

Would I ever try this again?: Oh yeah.  I love me some peanut buttery goodness, and in my later years, I crave me the salty sweet instead of just the sweet.  I'm also interested in trying the other flavors.

Distributed by:
Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
Northfield, IL 60093-2753
USA

(Product of Canada)

http://www.planters.com/bignutbar/

No comments: