Thursday, August 25, 2011

MiO Liquid Water Enhancer - Peach Tea

Any other enhancements to speak of?
So I had seen these commercials advertising these little bottles of flavored goo for you to stick in your water to make it taste like something other than just water.

Admittedly I had been a powder packet girl.  I started off with Propel (the gateway drug as it were) and while at the store browsing Propel flavor choices, I saw all other kinds of options such as Hwaiian Punch, Ocean Spray as well as (my eventual go-to) Crystal Light.  So when I saw the little squirty bottle of water flavoring, I was curious.

It reminds me of chocolate syrup versus powder: you can always tell the difference.  Sometimes powder doesn't mix well.  The worst is when you can taste when it hasn't all dissolved.  (Yeah, not a fan of that, I'm not.) 

But which one tastes better?

Depending on the mixing, both are pretty good.  Finding a good flavor is also a plus.  But I have to say, I like me the MiO. 

The 1.62 fl oz little squeezy bottle of "water enhancement" claims to make 24 servings.  The last box of powder packets I got from the store came in a quantity of ten.

Per the powder directions, you were to add one packet to 16.9 fl oz (500 mL) of water.  The MiO, however, in its convenient packaging makes it easy to add as much or as little as you want.  (I'm usually one that likes a lot of flavor, but - like the bottle says - a little MiO goes a long way.)

The last box of packets claimed 5 calories per serving.  (MiO claims no calories.)

Neither require refrigeration (which I think is a no-brainer, but I typed it anyway).

What I found a little humorous on the bottle on the back above the nutritional facts was the statement "contains 0% juice".  Really?  Seriously?  You mean after all your promises of health and... oh wait, no.  You never proclaimed such things, did you little squirty bottle of MiO?  Sure, the front of your bottle says "natural flavor with other natural flavors", but really?  No juice?  (No worries.  I didn't think you contained any juice to begin with.  But you sure make my water taste yumscious!)

Overall, it's a nice little change up to all the powders I've used and/or have seen in recent years (and I'm a Kool-Aid Queen, born and raised!!!)


Would I ever try this again?  Seeing as I had pretty much positive things to say about it, I believe it's pretty easy to assume the answer is YES.  Peach originally was the only flavor I could find.  Now I see all their other flavors and am eager to try them all.  (There's a Pokemon joke in there somewhere, I know it!  I'm just too tired to care.)

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
Northfield, IL 60093-2753
USA
(800) 431-1002

No comments: